I should probably break this up into two seperate posts, but I'm too tired and lazy right now to do that. This weekend we have been working on some landscaping in our front yard (this would be the hard work). Mom and I got most of the plants on Wednesday (Red Sisters, Crotons, a couple of small Roebelini palms, and a hibiscus tree); then yesterday morning, we went to Fleming Island for the bigger palms and to Walmart for the soil. Then we came home and went to work preparing the area (digging up weeds, getting the dirt loose and evened out, etc.). Mom, Dad, Ricky, and I (and even Tanek) worked on getting it all ready. Today we planted everything we bought on Wednesday, then went and bought more plants (Caladiums and Aztec grass) and planted them, too. When we're all finished, I will post the before and after pictures.
In between planting and getting more plants, we had to take an emergency trip to the vet (this would be the accident). Abigail was just starting to walk through the french door right as Tanek was slamming it shut, and ended up with her left hand caught in the door - broke it. Same arm that she broke last year, but this time it is her hand. I'm just relieved she was able to get her head out of the doorway! Here are some pictures of her in her new splint (first time she's had yellow!).


Then tonight when I was getting Tanek's bath ready (this is the owie), he fell and hit his forehead on the toilet seat. He had a dent in his head which turned into a big goose egg, but I guess he is okay since he only cried for a few minutes before he was up and running, ready to take his "tubby". He's either a really tough little boy or has a really hard head - I think maybe both apply! We put an ice pack on it for as long as he would let me, but it's not a pretty site as you can see.

So, it has been an eventful couple of days and now I am ready to rest. I don't know if I'll be able to tonight, though, because I'll probably be up checking on Tanek every hour to make sure he doesn't have some major concussion!





3 comments:
wow! that makes the owie on his head from our house look very mild. That boy just doesn't know when to stop. That makes 3 bumps on the head in one week and each one a little bigger. Now he can be Tanek bobo along with "mine" bobo.
booboo not bobo. Sorry about that.
Sorry you got one Tanek. Hope you are ok. Love you.
Awwww, poor little guy. Give him a little kiss from his Aunt Heather. Poor Abigail, my goodness, you guys be careful!! I can't wait to see your landscaping pictures!
Post a Comment