Saturday, May 24, 2008

Siesta Key

Sorry there have been no posts for awhile. Mom, Tanek, and I spent this past week at Siesta Key and we didn't bother trying to figure out how to access the internet (since there was no wireless internet access where we stayed). We had a lot of fun and Tanek absolutely loved the beach! He loved having the waves splash up on him, but kept getting mad because we wouldn't let him run into the waves by himself! Sorry, but I can't see myself letting him loose in the ocean by himself for several more years. But, I think this is the perfect beach to take children to because the sand is powder soft and never gets hot - reminds me of the sand in Mexico! And, the water is beautiful - clear, aquamarine colored, and warm! It was extremely windy most of the week, though, so the water wasn't as calm as it normally is, and the undertow was pretty bad. Not too big of a deal for us since we weren't going in very far.

Tanek only had one major meltdown while we were gone (and by major, I mean major!). The day before this meltdown, he wouldn't take a nap, so then he fell asleep at about 6 pm while we were walking on the beach - and there was no waking him up, he was out! Needless to say, he woke up at 3:45 am and wouldn't go back to sleep, which must have contributed to the meltdown before breakfast! He just lost it when I tried to change his diaper and get him dressed for breakfast - I mean totally out of control! Nothing we did would calm him down, holding him didn't work, time outs and spankings didn't phase him.... finally, I had to take him with me into the shower and put him under some cool water! I promise it was only cool, not cold - I was in there too, afterall. So, I went ahead and washed him up (since he missed his bath the night before), and then he was happy as could be again and ready for breakfast!

He had fun most of the time and kept us laughing. I don't know where he comes up with some of this stuff. Friday, he was a little crabby and ended up in "time out" at least once. Later, when he started acting up again, I asked him if he wanted another time out, and he just walked into the bedroom, shut the door and put himself in "time out"!

Anyway, here are some pictures of our trip. I'll have to post some more later - I've been trying to catch up on everything since we got home (email, reading blogs, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.).












1 comment:

Nana said...

Loved our week at Siesta Key. Can't wait til next year.