Well, Tanek finally catapulted himself out of his crib yesterday and I don't think he was prepared for the landing! He cried, I held him. I think he mostly scared himself, but he did get a little carpet burn on his forehead. There was no nap happening after that. So.... I took the crib rail off and put the toddler rails on. He was loving his "new" bed and being able to get up and down on his own - until about midnight when he ended up on the floor again! At least this time he was only about a foot off the floor and landed on a pillow...but he still pitched a fit for awhile. It was a bit trying to keep him in the bed at first, also - I thought he was becoming best friends with the wooden spoon. But, maybe it worked because he hasn't gotten out of bed yet tonight (he is whining, though). Can't expect things to go that smoothly, right? Anyway, that was our saga yesterday!






2 comments:
Congratulations on your big boy bed Tanek!! Yep, it's a whole new world. Soon you'll find him asleep between the two of you in YOUR bed in the middle of the night. Then the real fun begins.
This morning we found him asleep under his bed. I guess there is no stopping him wherever he wants to sleep now.
Post a Comment