It has been a very sad day today! Abigail has been our baby for 13 years, but she passed away this morning at 9:30 am. Although it was unexpected, I think she died peacefully in her sleep. When I went to take her and Amos out to potty this morning at 6:00 am, she was alive, but limp and unresponsive. I guess her heart just couldn't take anymore. Ricky and I are thankful that we were both able to be home with her this morning. If we would have had to go to work, we would never have known until we got home. I don't know what I would have done if she had had to die alone. So, we just held her, petted her, and told her how much we loved her until she was gone, crying almost the whole time. We buried her by the house with her baby doll pillow and her favorite blanket.
We let Amos have time to say his goodbyes (in whatever ways dogs say goodbye), and had Tanek tell her goodbye and watch us bury her. We tried to tell him that he won't be able to see Abigail anymore because she went to doggie heaven, but he still frequently asks, "where's Abigail"? I hope Amos will be okay. He keeps looking for her and sniffing around her bed, but I'm just not ready to put her babydoll bed and pillows away yet. It makes me cry just thinking about her, much less talking about her. Anyone who knows us, knows how much "the babies" mean to us. Abigail really was our little girl! She went through a lot over the years, but she was always one tough baby!
Abigail, you brought so much joy to our lives and we loved every minute we spent with you! We will always love you, sweetpea! We will miss you forever!





3 comments:
Abigail knew always how much she was loved. She and Amos have had more love than most babies get. She was precious and we will always have good memories of her. I am very thankful that you and Ricky were both home when this happened. I think this is something God gave you for this sad time to help you. We love you guys and we love Amos and Abigail.
It is always tough to loose someone you love. I know Abigail knew how much she was loved by her family. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
I'm so sorry to hear about Abigail. Our animals become witness to our lives - in the everydayness and all the special times too. They become such a piece of us and I know how hard it is to let them go. Thinking of you...
Post a Comment