Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a nice Easter weekend! Today, we went to church and then had lunch with Mom and Dad, and let Tanek hunt Easter eggs several times. He got his Easter basket this morning before church so he could play with his new "baby bulldozer" before we left. He also got a new "Biscuit" book, chocolate bunnies, peeps, and some little chocolates. We will have to ration the candy out little by little each day so he doesn't eat it all at once. Yesterday we went to Kelly's house and had lunch with Ricky's parents, Kelly, Kary, Kevin, and Granny. We had a nice day there, too, and Tanek had another fun time hunting Easter eggs and learning how to golf with his new clubs that his Aunt Kelly, Kary, and Kevin gave him. He also got a bulldozer t-shirt and Mickey Mouse swimsuit and t-shirt from Mimi and PawPaw, and another bulldozer from Nana and Papa. I did have to take away some of his toys last night because he wouldn't put them away, but eventually he will learn to do what I ask him to do. Anyway, after we finally got the toys put away, Tanek and I attempted to put together his Bunny House. Maybe it was just the wrong time of the day to try it, or maybe it just needs to be attempted when everyone is in the best of moods - I don't know - but I don't think we'll be making a Bunny House next year! Tanek just wanted to eat the bunny house before it could even become a Bunny House! It was a bit frustrating, but I guess it's one of those trial and error things. You never know what will be fun to do until you try. Anyway, here are some pictures of the weekend. "Say Cheese"

Tanek and Nana getting ready to hunt for eggs.Tanek having so much fun finding the eggs.Getting ready for church.Tanek at the table with his Easter basket.The infamous Bunny House!Hunting for eggs at Aunt Kelly's house.Tanek wasn't sure how to carry such a big basket, but he managed!Learning from Mimi how to putt.Tanek can carry his own golf clubs, no problem!Tanek, Kevin, and Kary

Tanek and Kary

2 comments:

Florida Girl said...

This post is so funny and I really laughed when I saw that you guys did the bunny house from Wal Mart too!! hahahahaha Wait till you see our interpretation of it!

Happy Easter to your family and that sweet, handsome Tanek!

Nana said...

It was a great Easter and our sweet Tanek is asleep now. He is one precious little boy.